Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Wilkinsons madness.

Roland Snetterton wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
Got a big decking job after Easter, needs a lot of weed control fabric.

Used the Wilikinsons one before - good& cheap, so I went online to check
the price.

£3.98 a roll. Good price - but it got better - 2 for £5.

Ordered 8 rolls online, it tried to charge me £31.84. Went instore on the
way home to explain. Lady ordered it for me for store pickup at the 2 for
£5 deal.

Next to the information desk was a large rack full of the weed control
fabric! But I couldn't have that (same barcode, same product) at the offer
price, I have to wait until my 8 rolls come in!

They haven't quite got the hang of things have they?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

What people like you need to understand, is that were Wilkinsons to
employ staff who were as clever as you clearly are, then they'd need to
pay them rather higher wages. Which in turn means they'd have to charge
you, the customer, rather higher prices.

Like most retailers Wilkinsons will work to a system. And all their staff
will have been trained to follow that system, and do nothing else. Having
occasionally visited Wilkinsons stores it would appear that the majority
of their customers are MWC - mothers with children and OAP's. And so
I very much doubt if their system is designed to accommodate customers
who order online at a store, and then decide to change their minds only
5 minutes later.

Similarly I very much doubt if Wilkinsons staff are trained to
familiarise themselves with every item in stock, along with any special
offers on the off-chance a customer might order the wrong thing online.

Like a lot of people nowadays, you seem to want the best of both worlds.
The cheapest possible prices along with a Harrods standard of service.
While similarly demanding the right to moan your head off, when for obvious
reasons, this simply isn't possible

R. V. Snetterton BSc. (Hons)

I tried to buy a special at McDonalds once, it included a sausage muffin
with egg and I tried to get it without the egg, but no, without the egg
it would be the normal price, which was dearer. so I got it with the egg
and took the egg out and gave it back.