Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wilkinsons madness.

Man at B&Q wrote:
On Mar 31, 11:22 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:42:38 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson wrote:
Personally I wouldn't mind the extra 50 quid if it means I can see the
physical TV first and assess picture quality, build quality, what the
finish looks like, whether the menu system's completely stupid etc.
(i.e. the sort of stuff you can't really get from a photo on a web page
or reading customer reviews). It'll be a sad day when shops don't exist
and everything's done online.

Quite agree, nothing quite like "kicking the tyres" of a range of the
same product to see which ones have stupid design "features" or
awkward to use/understand controls.

And then buy online, from the same shop, for less.

Which is, essentially, what I and many others do, BUT it tends to negate
the purpose of the shop, unless the company run it as a marketing, but
not a sales operation.

But really, that's the way it is working more and more 'I'll have to get
one in:That's only a display item sir'

I can foresee shops becomein simply non stock holding showcases, with
the 'sales assistant' showing you, how to eneter the ionline order, or
doing it for you.

My wife doesn't clothes shop in shops anymore. She orders from one or
two online shops who are happy to accept returns of stuff even on the
grounds that she simply doesn't like it.

MBQ