Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Wilkinsons madness.

On Apr 1, 8:49*am, "Tinkerer"
wrote:
"The Natural Philosopher" wrote in ...

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Got a big decking job after Easter, needs a lot of weed control fabric..

Used the Wilikinsons one before - good & cheap, so I went online to check
the price.

£3.98 a roll. *Good price - but it got better - 2 for £5.

Ordered 8 rolls online, it tried to charge me £31.84. *Went instore on
the way home to explain. *Lady ordered it for me for store pickup at the
2 for £5 deal.

Next to the information desk was a large rack full of the weed control
fabric! *But I couldn't have that (same barcode, same product) at the
offer price, I have to wait until my 8 rolls come in!

They haven't quite got the hang of things have they?

It gets better.

I went onlione to buy a TV three years ago for imlaws aging parents.

Currys online price 300 quid. Inc delivery.

'Oh great' I said as I phoned them up to check availability 'I'll pop into
our local currys and pick it up, to save you the cost of delivery
'our instore price is £350, excluding delivery sir'

That still goes on with PC World (same company). * Many things are cheaper
on their web site than in store

With PCWorld, check the store has the item in stock, then order on
line but choose the pick up from store option. You get the "web only"
price.

MBQ