Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Wilkinsons madness.

Jules Richardson
wibbled on Wednesday 31 March 2010 20:42

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:57:46 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Got a big decking job after Easter, needs a lot of weed control fabric.

Used the Wilikinsons one before - good & cheap, so I went online to
check the price.

£3.98 a roll. Good price - but it got better - 2 for £5.

Ordered 8 rolls online, it tried to charge me £31.84. Went instore on
the way home to explain. Lady ordered it for me for store pickup at
the 2 for £5 deal.

Next to the information desk was a large rack full of the weed control
fabric! But I couldn't have that (same barcode, same product) at the
offer price, I have to wait until my 8 rolls come in!

They haven't quite got the hang of things have they?

It gets better.

I went onlione to buy a TV three years ago for imlaws aging parents.

Currys online price 300 quid. Inc delivery.

'Oh great' I said as I phoned them up to check availability 'I'll pop
into our local currys and pick it up, to save you the cost of delivery
'our instore price is £350, excluding delivery sir'

Presumably the extra 50 covers lease, building upkeep, wages, training
etc.

Personally I wouldn't mind the extra 50 quid if it means I can see the
physical TV first and assess picture quality, build quality, what the
finish looks like, whether the menu system's completely stupid etc. (i.e.
the sort of stuff you can't really get from a photo on a web page or
reading customer reviews). It'll be a sad day when shops don't exist and
everything's done online.

I've never failed to get the internet price matched fully instore (including
delivery) but you do need to call the manager out...

--
Tim Watts