Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Serious wildlife question

dgk wrote:
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:24:23 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

mm wrote:
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:06:15 -0500, "
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 01:36:55 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , Tony Hwang wrote:

I live near a provincial wilderness park and have to deal with wildlife
year round. I know deer can crash through patio glass door but never
heard birds broke a glass pane. They will learn quick and won't waste
their energy.
Bull****. Last year, some little bird in the wren family showed up in our
front yard around the beginning of April, and began pecking at his reflection
in our bay window. PECK! PECK! ... .PECK! PECK! every minute or two, all day
long, from April to September.
Every April we'd have Cedar Waxwings pick all the cherries off our ornamental
cherry, get drunk, and repeatedly fly into our living room windows. The
stupid birds would keep it up until the cherries were gone and then fly off
until the next April.
I don't think my cardinal was drunk, at least there were no berries
nearby, none that I knew of for blocks.

Be glad you don't live in Africa in or near a wildlife area. Drunk
large animals and primates can be entertaining but a lot of trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmQPwgV-WbQ

TDD

That looked like a drunk meerkat at :59. I never saw that on Meerkat
Manor.

I wonder when some of my ancient ancestors the Cavebillies first
discovered alcohol? I'll bet my Cavewop ancestors discovered
fermented drink first, they had to have something to go with the
pasta.

TDD