Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.home.automation
John Simpson John Simpson is offline

Default Central Vac overload

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"Robert Green" wrote:

Some of you might remember my question about building a silencing cabinet
for a central vac. Well, it worked, but too well. The problem is now
that
if something gets stuck in the hose, we can no longer hear the immediate
increase in the motor load the way we used to. On occasion, the unit's
motor even shuts down from the overload.

Does anyone have any ideas how to detect the "laboring" of the motor so I
can sound a chime or some other alarm when something clogs the pope - I
mean
pipe - the Pope has enough problems of his own. (-:

-snip-

I haven't finished my second cup of coffee yet- but my instinct is go
with 'lack of sucking'. Put a vacuum switch just before the canister
that triggers a bell/light/buzzer if it gets high.

Or put one at the inlet that flashes in your face if air flow drops
below a certain point.

Jim

Or when it stops sucking dirt off the floor, it's clogged!!

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4989 (20100331) __________

http://www.eset.com