Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
WangoTango WangoTango is offline

Default Wireless Home Phones?

In article ,
lid says...
Jim Thompson wrote:
I have a _very_ old Vtech wireless phone system (2-lines) that is
gradually dying off handset-by-handset (I've already tried different
battery paks, and that's not the problem).

Any recommendations for replacement?

What about this Dect 6 stuff? Any good, or just hoopla??

I've got a Panasonic DECT 6.0 KX-TG6473 with 4 handsets and a digital
answering system. It works great...has more features than we'll ever
need. It's shared "phone book" can hold fifty names. It uses 2
rechargeable Ni-MH AAA cells in each handset. Fry's has them on sale.

I've got the same thing, and I love it.
Being able to call the kids using the pager function is great.
No more yelling up the stairs at them.