Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Swingman - Glue up question

What I'm more concerned with is how visible are the glue lines? Sure,

You can make one edge nearly invisible by book matching. Say you need
a 1 1/2 thk by 3 " wide board.

Rip a 6" wid board and roll one side over on top of the other. The
edges where you ripped it are mirror images of each other and the
joint is usually nearly invisible.

As an added benefit, on the far side at least they are both from the
same board so color maych and stain absorbtion (density) should be
pretty much the same.

I do this a lot.

Great tip on the sanding after the water is out of the glue. This is
really bad when you use biscuits. I have seen them telegraph clearly
along a joint on panel glue-ups when you sand it flat while the wood
is still swelled at the buiscuit locations.