Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Wacker pump as a sump solution?

On Mar 31, 4:33*am, jtpr wrote:
I have a house that is built on solid ledge and I'm getting a lot of
water lately with all these storms in the northeast. *Putting in *sump
pump will be very difficult to say the least. *I can break up he
concrete, but then I'm at the ledge so I only can go down about 4 in.
I just rented a Wacker PS400 pump from HD and it worked great to get
rid of the bulk of the water. *This is not a finished basement so I'm
not after total protection. *Can something like this be used in lieu
of a sump pump? *I can't tell if it is auto sensing or not and if it
will come on automatically, or if a switch could be rigged up
somehow..

-Jim

All I can tell you is I had water in the basement too yesterday, and I
don't care how big of a pump you have. If the water table is rising
all around you, there' not much you can do.
I was using my pump yesterday and as fast as I sucked water out of one
corner of my basement, the water came back in.
Finally this morning, the water receded.