Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Fujitsu plasma display funnies?

Hi all,

A while ago I was given a 3rd (at least) user 42" Fujitsu plasma
display, a PDS4212E-H.

Whilst it seems to work ok there is some strange pixel / noise running
across (mostly) the top couple of inches of the entire display,
looking like one of those graphic equaliser displays you see on some
audio kit etc (although not changing in sync with anything).

It doesn't seem to change when hot or cold and so far I've tried it on
the component and composite inputs with the same effect (and I think
it does it with no live input selected anyway).

I was just wondering (hoping) this might be a known fault and that
maybe a board re-seat or some such could fix it. Failing that I think
I'll just put up with it (FWIW etc).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I believe it used to be in my mates clothes shop as you can see
'£9.99' faintly burned into the display. ;-)