Posted to rec.woodworking
Russ Stanton Russ Stanton is offline

Default Pepper Mills

Many other suppliers such as Packard and Craft Supplies also have these
ceramic crush grind mills. I just turned one and have been using it for
about 2 months, so far no complaints. It works very smoothly and produces a
very nice grind of pepper. Mounting these mills is a bit tricky but once you
figure it out, no big deal.
Russ
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Most pepper mills, IMHO, are a day late and a dollar short.

They jam up, don't hold regristation, and in general, a total PITA.

Several years ago, found a Japanese unit, with ceramic cutters, on the
close out table of a liquidator.

Beautiful piece of equipment.

Have never been able to find another one.

Am considering building a couple of pepper mills, IF I can find good
ceramic cutters.

Both WoodCraft and Rockler have this unit:

http://tinyurl.com/yz5ofv9

Anybody have any experience with this or other ceramic cutters?

Lew