Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Carpet Seam

jamesgangnc wrote:
On Mar 29, 9:18 pm, MikeL wrote:
I have carpet which is pretty old and not able to replace at this
time. At a place where 2 pieces butt together, I was told it could not
be seamed, so I bought a track at Lowe's, but it didn't seem to be
very wide and when I put it over the seam and nailed it, I had to hit
the nail so hard to keep the track to the floor, that it actually
looked like a 'wrinkled' piece of metal when I finished.
What did I do wrong? I'm thinking maybe the track was to be used on
linoleoum and not carpet. It seemed the nails were not long enough to
not have to drive the track closer to the carpet and for it to stay.
thanks for any suggestions
Mike

Get some longer nails for your strip.

Some tacks and a decorative area rug. Or if there is a real wood floor
under there, rip the carpet up and throw it away. A beat up wood floor
beats worn-out carpet any day, IMHO.

--
aem sends...