Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Bench-top drill press

"whit3rd" wrote

Worklight and airnozzle addons are on my to-do list. Last time I
had a bunch of holes (holesaw in wood) to do, I loaded boards
with my left hand, operated the press with my right, and huffed
and puffed with a sodastraw in my mouth to clear the waste.
It gets ... dizzying ... after a while.

LOL I know exactly what you are talking about! I have done the same thing.

I remember one job where I had to drill a large number of holes in another
shop. It wasn't my drill press and had to work with what theyhad. And they
tried to do it with dull bits. I told them no. So after considerable
argument, they got me some sharp bits. Then I had the same problem mentioned
above and no air. I made a complaint and was told to wait a minute.

Soon a teenage boy showed up with a fireplace bellows! He squirted air on
shavings and blew them away. It was funny. But it worked and I got done a
lot quicker.