Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Oval picture frame

On 3/30/2010 4:13 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 3/30/2010 3:40 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:

One more tool:

Analytic Geometry

I detested that class.

Prof was a Yugoslav, didn't have a great command of English. He had
been a
partisan and his throat had been cut ear to ear; no idea if that affected
his speech but he was next to impossible to understand. It was the only
class I *ever* had to repeat.

Bummer. I can sympathize because my freshman physics class was a Korean
who had a similar handicap, and who made up for it by screaming his
lectures. I dropped the course after a week and restarted the following
quarter with a different prof, along with all the folks who'd stuck it
out and failed the course.

The guy who taught my Calculus and Analytic Geometry class, by contrast,
was clear, soft-spoken, and wrote everything on the blackboard as he
lectured. He wrote with his right hand and erased with his left as he
went, with pauses as he walked back to the left side of the board. It
would have been humorous if I hadn't been in a permanent panic to get
things into my notes before they disappeared.

I learned that I do best to just get a good text and work through it.

There used to be a schaum's outline on analytic geometry--been out of
print for 20 years though.