Posted to rec.woodworking
Russ Stanton Russ Stanton is offline

Default Bench-top drill press

I have the Delta DP 350 and really like it. Have not done really fine
electronic type work. I like the variable speed and for a bench top it has
fairly long quill travel, IIRC about 4.5 inches. The variable speed is
really great, just twist the handle on the front.
Russ
On 2010-03-30, notbob wrote:

What kinda drill speeds, top end? Small bits need speed and there's
no limit when working aluminum.

WOW! I think I'm in love. Delta DP350. 500-3100rpm vari-speed! I
can chuck up a pin chuck fer the itty-bitty bits. Isn't Delta suppose
to be pretty good stuff? Anyone have reasons why this might be a bad
choice? Thanks in advance.

nb