Posted to sci.electronics.repair
supervinx supervinx is offline

Default Switching PSU shutting off under every load

By "main caps" do you mean the line supply filter caps,right after the
rectifier? The raw DC supply for the switcher? If it's a doubler,you
should have around 300VDC,if a single-ended rectifier,about 170VDC.
Perhaps you don't have enough input DC. Or maybe you're seeing some AC
along with the DC.

Many SMPS use a cap-rectifier doubler for 120 VAC operation,and a switch
changes it to single-ended for 220VAC operation.

The PSU is 250Vac: the two capacitors are 680uF/200V (they seem to be
series-connected) and they show, with no load, 215V across each capacitor.
This value is suspect: I would expect 170V, as you stated, so the problem
could lie in the primary side of the PSU.

The 680uF/200V is mandatory ? Can I try to substitute them with, for
example, 1000uF (or more)/400V ? I have them handy ...