Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Has Winston posted recently?

On 3/29/2010 7:13 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Mar 29, 7:02 pm, wrote:
I just noticed that I hadn't noticed Winston from RCM posting recently. Anyone hear from
the gent lately?

Wes

Yes...I have been slapping him silly in regards to his winger
failings. ;)

TMT

Hey there, Too Much Toluene!

Pardon me for responding late but I didn't see your post until
I checked 'all posts' because I wanted to re-read one of Wes' posts.

My newsreader sets your posts 'as read', so I don't see them
normally.

I think you are talking about 'Winston_Smith' not , yes?

Different people. Mssr. Smith gets involved with political stuff.

BTW, I'm investigating silkscreen & etching to blank some extremely non-
accurate "artistic" parts out of 0.01" galvanized roof flashing.

(Running a stack of these on the mill is problematic.)

I am off to the Art Supplies store today to buy screen and paint
(and to pick their brains a little).

I'm gonna see if I can do this without *any* photographic process, by
using a 'paint pen' to outline a machined shim on to the 'screen.
I hope the ink from the pen will block flow of the screening ink to
give me an exposed line to etch. (Yes, I will paint the other side
of the sheet with resist before etching.)

When that doesn't work, I will check out the 'photographic' way
of doing it.

As always, your metalworking suggestions are welcome.

--Winston --Slap harder, didn't notice before.