Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Diswasher noise level - 53 db versus 50 db - any real difference??

"TNSTAAFL" wrote:

We're looking at two Bosch dishwashers - one claims a noise level of 50 db,
and the other a noise level of 53 db - the features and functionality are
pretty much the same - there's about a $100 price difference.

Bosch has other, more expensive dishwashers in the mid-40 db range - they
are beyond my price point, but with a noise level that goes that low, maybe
the difference from 53 db to 50 db will be enough to justify the extra $100.

Is there an perceptable noise difference that I'll notice when the 50 db
machine is running versus the 53db machine?

I think there is more than decibels to an annoying sound. The one
with lower decibels might have a different pitch or pattern making it
more annoying than the 'noisier' one.

That said- I doubt Bosch makes a really annoying one as that is one of
the key features folks will comment on to their friends.

I'd buy on features that I can see.

Jim