Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Heat recovery ventilators

In message , YAPH
writes
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:30:26 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

Following the prolonged cold Winter, my wife is considering fitting air
extractors to her rented flat. (mould/condensation issues).

The obvious priority placing is in the bathroom with part P
consequences. One possibility is the low voltage offering from Kair
which appears to have provision for humidity stat operation.

I recently fitted a Kair unit in a bathroom for folks who were having
humidity and mould problems despite the existing humidistat fan. They say
it's fixed the problem, though it seems a short time to tell.

OK sounds promising.

Bit fiddly to fit, not least requiring a 150mm core drill. And don't
forget to buy the special screwdriver bit!

Hmm.. the clutch on my SDS drill doesn't like core drills:-(

Note the humidity sensor is in the control box with the mains transformer
so your mains kit is still in the bathroom.

Ah! Pity. The electrician was muttering about bonding incoming water
pipes, two pole isolation etc.

I think there are at least two other manufacturers but the Kair looked
the most sensible.

regards

--
Tim Lamb