Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Barbecue Grill burner replacements

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

DerbyDad03 writes:

On Mar 29, 7:32 pm, "Stephen B."
wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
Because I need the whole grill and a little more temperature control
when cooking pizza on the grill.

I have been thinking about doing this any cooking hints?

The general concept shown here is correct, except that with practice
you can get a golden brown crust, not the charred wreck they ended up
with.

The "trick" is to brown one side the crust, which will stiffen it up,
then flip it over, put your toppings on the browned side and then
brown the other side while the toppings cook.

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Grilling...eo/Detail.aspx

I always brush my dough with olive oil before grilling and I remove my
crust while adding the toppings. That way the toppings have more time
to cook while the crust browning.

Google around for topping suggestions. The possibilities are endless.
You can't get pretty exotic.

Ummm... I've had pizza cooked in a backyard wood-fired pizza oven; we
did it by tossing the dough, putting toppings on while it was on a pizza
peel, and then the pizza was slid into the oven (and later, of course,
slid out).

There is a local Italian restaurant + pizza place that cooks
everything over wood fires. When the wind is blowing the wrong way, you
can smell it for miles.