Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O[_2_] Greg O[_2_] is offline

Default Miter Saw vs. Radial Arm Saw

"busbus" wrote in message
While scrounging on Craig's List, I found a couple old Dewalt Radial
Arm saws. One is pretty pricey at $325 but one is $85 and the other
is only $70. Would it be worth it to purchase one of these or would I
be better off with a good miter saw? I already have a Jet table saw,

From my experiance, get the miter saw, it will get more use than a RAS
considering you already have a table saw.
I have a RAS and it gets used to collect and store stuff I don't know what
to do with! The only time I use it is when I can not come up with an easy
way to do some cuts that make a RAS shine, in other words, not very often!
I think it has been a couple years since I used the RAS, but I use the miter
saw quite often'
Greg