Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9410 Ignoramus9410 is offline

Default How to buy a warehouse

On 2010-03-29, Stuart Wheaton wrote:
Ignoramus8246 wrote:
I keep hearing that commercial real estate is in bad shape. At the
same time, valuations of stocks are up 70% and I would like to
diversify my investments a little bit, as I am mostly invested in
stocks.

I would like to try to buy a small warehouse and just rent it out
forever. This would not be a purchase for a quick flip.

I was trying to find out some basic things, like rents per square
foot, prices per square foot, see listings of what is available, etc.

When I just do web searches on this stuff, I come up with so little,
as if information on this was classified.

I am in Chicagoland and would be interested if someone can help me
get started with some useful pointers or experiences.

Iggy, the local Real Estate Investors Association is:

CHICAGOLAND
Chicago Area REIA

PO Box 2597
Glen Ellyn , IL 60138

contact: Laura Baker, President
phone: 630-375-7342
email:
website:
www.careia.org
guest policy: $15

Go to a meeting and let the people know what you are interested in, they
can point you at people who can teach you how to do it right and people
who have real estate to sell.

Stuart

Stuart, this is very much on the mark. Thanks. Tomorrow me and my
whole family are going on an Amtrak trip to California, once we come
back I will start researching deeply.

needing space for stuff. I actually manage with the garage and
backyard. For personal messing around, I would much rather have space
next to my house rather than a warehouse somewhere. The warehouse is
really meant to be a way to get monthly rent checks. Maybe later in
life I will use one for my own purposes, but not now.