Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts chaniarts is offline

Default Another tiling question

wrote:
I am in the throes of tiling the walls in the bathroom - all of them.
I am using tiles that are almost 2' X 1' (metric equivalent).

Anyhow it works out that the bottom tile is approx 1/2" from the floor
tile. I sort of like the idea of not having a baseboard, but having
tile right to tile. Ideally the gap would have been smaller, but that
is how it all worked out, not having a tile stretcher handy.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions:

- fill it with grout?
- is there some other material commonly used for that purpose?
- slice a little piece of tile to fit ( probably look stupid)
- forget it and cut each and every tile to make them shorter and
insert a baseboard and all that entails?

Any ideas from people who may do this all the time is appreciated.
Obviously I do it once every 20 years unless I can possibly avoid
it....

BSA

grout it with sanded grout.
fill it with a small trim tile in a contrasting color.
i've used 1/4 round tiles at edges and on the floor/wall interface for this.