Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default If George Bush........

In article ,
Wes wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

How low are they going? We talking physical standards or criminal
history?

They have been waiving felonies.

I had a bad feeling you were going to tell me that.

I *hope* the choice isn't jail or the military and they are enlisting to try
to turn their life around.

Umm. When I was a kid, one way bad kids in big trouble were handled was to
*require* them to enlist. The military knew perfectly well what they were
getting, but those kids were in a military command structure. Better than
reform school.

This changed after Vietnam.

I though a felony conviction made one a prohibited person not
able to possess a firearm in any manner.

Only for civilians. Uniformed military come under the Uniform Code of Military
Justice, with is independent.

Joe Gwinn