Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Miter Saw vs. Radial Arm Saw

On 03/29/2010 11:45 AM, busbus wrote:

I don't know how much space would be eaten up by one of these but I
don't think it would be ultra-terrible, is it? I "share" my garage
with my car but even if I kept it outside all the time, I would need
to put this on wheels because there is simply no room. Also, I do not
know if things get all out of whack if I would move this thing all the
time.

My dad built his into the bench along the shop wall so the table was the
same height as the bench top. No extra space taken up that way.

Something to consider...for crosscuts on a RAS (or SCMS for that matter)
you normally want to use negative hook blades so that they don't
self-feed as much. This includes dado sets.

Chris