Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default How to buy a warehouse

On Mar 29, 10:36*am, Ignoramus9410
wrote:
On 2010-03-29, Steve B wrote:

It's all business, ig. *Buy low sell high. *If you're right, you make out.
If you're not, you don't. *My experiences with businesses was that a lot of
people know their crafts very well, but once they go commercial in a big
way, they create an overhead monster, and that monster must eat every month
before the owner does. *You have the drive and intelligence to do this.
However, you are moving from a position of do it when you want to having to
be there every day to open the doors, search for the stuff, clean it and
prepare it for sale, deliver, etc. *You may be doubling your work week, and
only increasing the profits by 20%.

Steve, I was thinking of buying a warehouse to rent out, not to open a
full time business. If I was planning on that, I think that your
comments about running a business would be spot on.

You can't hide the real reason from the long-time readers of this
group. The real reason is you have run out of room in your garage and
you need a place to store your new stuff.

Paul