Posted to rec.woodworking
jodleren jodleren is offline

Default 45 degrees hinges

On Mar 27, 8:45*pm, LdB wrote:
On 3/26/2010 3:35 PM, jodleren wrote:

Hi all

I have 2 doors left over from a project, with 35 mm (~1,5") holes for
"eurohinges", center placed 24 mm from the edge (almost 1 inch) for a
kitchen cupboard.
I am planning on using them for a 45 degree cupboard, for a corner - 5-
sided. I want the idea of a classic corner cupboard with modern
styling.

My problem is the hinge
Do anyone have information on hinges for this? I found them in a local
shop here, but lack drawings/ideas.
According to the catalog, 2 sides have to be cut to 45 degrees in the
"ends", the the door goes above.

Sonnich

I'm using these hinges for 45 deg. corner cupboards. They require a 35
mm hole but it should be centered at 22.5 mm from the door edge. The
edge of the hole is 5 mm from the edge of the door. *There is about 5
mm of adjustment in the hinges in that direction.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...&cat=3,41241,5...

Lorence

That very much what I am looking for.
I just found this:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21411

I want to have a "box", then cut a curner of - the idea is as of now,
to have 2 "rear sides" app 35 cm , 2 "sides" 10 cm, and one door 35
cm.
The sides should be with a 45 cut (inner depth is longer then the
outer, equal to the thinkness of the wood), and the door goes on top.

I also found Blumotion 973A is an option.

Prices in the us - 14-15 USD/pair is well over the price here, which
is 2-3 USD for one hinge

WBR
Sonnich