Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default green roof s - ping Mr Andy Dingley?

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 28 Mar, 16:29, JimK wrote:

Andy - from a quick google on here I believe you recently did one?
using perlite/vermiculite etc - care to share?

I've one that's currently an almost completed brown mud roof, waiting
for an afternoon's trim work and for the "green" bit to start growing
properly. If I have time, I'll do a proper write up.

Over Easter (In my Copious Free Time) I'm planning another ultra-
budget green roof on a concrete sectional garage, just to make it look
less ugly from a distance. Writeup likewise.

More later...

There's a sedum mat round the corner here (actually just a roof for a
wheelie bin house) that seems to be thriving. I guess the plant must be
virtually drought and frost proof.