Posted to alt.satellite.gps.garmin,sci.electronics.repair
Mike Lane[_2_] Mike Lane[_2_] is offline

Default Is the Garmin nüvi 670 power mount compatible with the Garmin zumo 660?

Kat Rabun wrote on Mar 28, 2010:

Do you know if the Garmin zumo 660 power mount can interchange with the
Garmin nüvi 670?

I was discussing GPS with a friend of mine a few thousand miles away who
has a broken Garmin zumo 660 but a good power mount. My working Garmin nüvi
670 has always had the colored wires sticking out of the power mount
fingernail-sized flat clip.

My friend offered to ship me his Garmin zumo 660 power adapter if it will
fit the Garmin nüvi 670.

Pictures on the net and a visit to the store seem to indicate they look
mighty similar - but who knows if the electronics are the same or not (I
don't use the FM traffic feature).

Does anyone know if the Garmin zumo 660 & Garmin nüvi 670 use the same
power adapter? How can I tell w/o destroying the equipment?

Couldn't you simply test this for yourself? First check if the power cable
physically fits the socket on the mount, then measure the voltages on each
pin to see if they're the same.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire