Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to buy a warehouse

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:16:44 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus8246
scrawled the following:

I keep hearing that commercial real estate is in bad shape. At the
same time, valuations of stocks are up 70% and I would like to
diversify my investments a little bit, as I am mostly invested in
stocks.

I would like to try to buy a small warehouse and just rent it out
forever. This would not be a purchase for a quick flip.

I was trying to find out some basic things, like rents per square
foot, prices per square foot, see listings of what is available, etc.

When I just do web searches on this stuff, I come up with so little,
as if information on this was classified.

I am in Chicagoland and would be interested if someone can help me
get started with some useful pointers or experiences.

Go talk with a REA, Ig. They can tell you what's out there and who's
ready to sell cheap right now. Something close to you so you can
check on it frequently, right? Warehouses near airports are always
full...in good times. You might find a really nice place in these
economic times. You might also find a small place for your own stuff,
so you don't have to fill up your garage and driveway, eh?

Let us know what you find.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren