Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default If George Bush........

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

This is a bit of a joke. John cut and pasted one of my old messages.
I'm curious to see if it gets a different reaction when his name is
on it. d8-)

So far, Tom's just changed hobby horses G
First it was taxes, now he's riding school boards and teachers.
I think my alternative is a lot closer to reality than either of those.
Cleveland, Cincinnati and Detroit are going to have to go through the same
evolution that Flint, Michigan has undertaken to heal themselves.

--
John R. Carroll

what evolution did flint go through to heal itself?

earlier tonight i went to a move on.org showing of michael moore's
"capitalism: a love story" at the library in new paltz ny. (this general
political discussion, and specifically your mention of flint made me want to
post a message about the movie party.)

http://pol.moveon.org/event/events/i...?action_id=206

i had tears in my eyes when he showed the workers in the 30's taking over
the gm plant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_Sit-Down_Strike

moore said FDR sent in the national guard, the story line in "capitalism: a
love story" kinda made you think FDR was going to send in troops to crack
heads and break the strike but the movie said FDR posted troops with the
machine guns pointing AT THE LOCAL COPS to protect the workers' right to
strike from the COPS! made me cry, so proud to be an american, so proud of
a government that would put the interests of it's middle class workers
first.

oh! and damnedest thing happened! michael moore himself(!) phoned in, in
the MIDDLE OF THE MOVIE and addressed us (approximately 70 patriots) on the
organizer's cell phone (turned up as loud as possible) and took questions
from the audience! it was absolutely incredible!

b.w.