Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Barbecue Grill burner replacements

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:17:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 08:12:45 -0500, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why anybody would go to all this trouble for a
gas grill... The grill in my new outdoor kitchen is charcoal, as God
intended.
Nothing tastes as good as using briquettes. I'm curious what would happen if I used some
of the home made charcoal I made a while back with to cook a steak. Would the home made
stuff burn cooler or hotter?

Oh, bull****, guys. I switched over to propane 3 decades ago and
didn't notice one whit of difference--if there isn't a metal pan
between the flame and the grille. Lava rock is wonderful. I do,
however, notice a whole lot of difference in the environment around a
charcoal BBQ. Nobody can breathe downwind of one for several blocks.
I hate charcoal briquettes with a passion. They stink, they're messy
on the way in and on the way out, they take forever to get hot and
cool down, ad nauseum. Just Say No!

BTW, I'm surprised that eco-terrorists (environmentalists) haven't
caused briquette companies to go out of business yet.

I was the Charcoal BBQ king for decades, until the wife brought home a
new Weber propane grill..and I was devistated. I refused to cook on it!

Then she started bringing me fool she had cooked on it...and I became a
believer that propane was superior to to charcoal.

Never went back to charcoal after that.

Propane Rules!!

Gunner,

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Propane on a grill is OK, if your doing TRUE BBQ with smoke and lower
heat charcoal wins hands down.

I have two different smokers and two gas grills. The grills get used for
things I want to either cook fast or not smoke flavor.
I have cooked just about everything on them, from the standard
dogs/burgers/chicken/steaks up to pizza, nachos, pies and even baked a
couple cakes on them.

BUT if I have something like a pork shoulder or 5, or whole pigs, ribs
and the like they get tossed in the smoker and cooked for 4-5 hours at
least. Then you GENTLY pick up the meat because it wants to fall off the
bones...

HMM,,, I think I'll fire up the grill and do some pork chops and maybe a
couple burgers...

--
Steve W.