Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Mothballing swimming pool

Hello, I have an ABOVE GROUND swim spa/lap pool that I wish to shutdown
and drain for about 3-4 months. (leaving contry) I ususally drain the pool
once a year to replace with clean water ( TDS issues) the same day so don't
have to worry about water going stagnet in the pumps/lines etc. Basically
this pool is a huge hot tub (2200 gallons).
In hot tubs they make a product called "swirl away" which is
used to clean the lines out when draining a hot tub... Is there a product
out there to preserve water from going stagnet in the lines of a large spa
so I don't get any icky sh*t flying out of the lines when I refill after 3-4
months?...Completly draining the pumps,lines etc is not an option here...
Anyone that owns a pool care to comment and has perhaps done this
before?....Thank you... Jim