Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Barbecue Grill burner replacements

On Mar 27, 10:55*pm, Ignoramus11443 ignoramus11...@NOSPAM.
On 2010-03-28, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"RAM?" wrote
I was hoping to find stainless burners so that the new ones would not
rust. Realistically speaking, is that "cast iron" any more rust
resistant than the original material, or are they also going to rot?

The burners and grills are considered "consumables" and are expected to be
replaced as needed.

The stainless steel burners on my Vermont Castings are as good as new after
12 years. *So are the porcelain coated cast iron grates. *You need to buy a
better grill if you think they are consumables.

Why wouldn't anyone want to sell stainless burners for my grill? These
burners seem to fit a lot of grills, and therefore there is enough
market to make stainless burners. I would pay the premium.

i- Hide quoted text -

Because you got 8 years out of much cheaper iron ones in an
inexpensive grill from Sams club. That 8 years probably exceeds the
life expectation of the whole unit for a low to mid-range priced
grill.