Posted to alt.satellite.gps.garmin,sci.electronics.repair
Kat Rabun Kat Rabun is offline

Default Is the Garmin nüvi 670 power mount compatible with the Garmin zumo 660?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 08:38:47 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Have you contacted Garmin?

Before I posted, I had already called Garmin technical product support at
800-800-1020 (913-397-8200) but they are closed on weekends (open Monday -
Thursday: 6 AM - 4 PM, Friday 6 AM - 3 PM California time).

I had also emailed Garmin product support at "
and am awaiting their response.

Prior to asking the question, I checked Garmin nüvi & zşmo support:
https://buy.garmin.com/support/produ...roductId=31948
http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-00727-00

And, I had searched the overall Garmin support FAQs:
http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/sit.../searchsupport

The Garmin nüvi 610/660/670 owners manual doesn't give specifications on
the 12-volt adapter other than it's 12V at 10W maximum:
http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/1262_OwnersManual.pdf

The Garmin zşmo 660 owners manual gives likewise succinct specifications of
12V, 10W, lithium-ion battery chemistry:
http://www.garmin.com/manuals/zumo660_OwnersManual.pdf

Looking at pictures of the two spade-like flat connectors seems to indicate
they're similar ... but only someone who has both the Garmin nüvi 670 and
the Garmin zşmo 660 would know for sure.