Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Hamilton Michael Hamilton is offline

Default need help with Pioneer CD changer

Well, no, I never was able to look for the laser glow... mostly
because of the way the changer is positioned I can't easily see into
the unit with the cd magazine in place. I kind of assumed it wouldn't
be able to focus if the laser wasn't working to some extent (that's a
big assumption on my part, I don't really know much about cd players).

That power preset adjustment, is that the pot that's on the laser
head? I will try that (and try to look for the laser glow).

BTW, forgive my ignorance, I haven't bought the schematic for this
yet, as I didn't know if it was worth throwing any more money at yet
(I see Sams does have, though).

On Mar 28, 4:53*am, "N_Cook" wrote:

I asume you've , with caution, seen some sort of deep red glow off the
laser.
You could precisely measure the resistance of the power preset , both
directions JIC so you can get back to the pre-existing state, then adjust
the preset by the smallest amount you can turn it , to decrease the
resistance. Aim for no more than 5 percent decrease before retrying.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list onhttp://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm