Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Reading RCM via Mac?

On 2010-03-25, steamer wrote:
--A pal of mine was wondering what other Mac users prefer for
reading usenet. I'm on the PC side of the fence using putty and haven't a
clue what's on the Mac side.
Suggestions welcome and I'll pass 'em along to my pal

Well ... I haven't done newsreading on my Mac, but if I were to
do so, I would probably download this:

http://slrn.darwinports.com/

so I could continue using slrn as my newsreader.

I don't know whether it supports a GUI interface on the Mac, but
I do know that it works nicely in a plain text screen, which is what I
prefer under a newsreader.

It also lets you configure which editor to use -- and I normally
use jove on my other unix systems, but if I did not have it downloaded
for the Mac (I do have it) I would probably pick emacs as the editor. I
know that one is supplied with the extras with Mac OS-X.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564