Posted to alt.home.repair
Twayne[_3_] Twayne[_3_] is offline

Default Where are the CO Detector Police?

In
,
typed:
All over the radio lately, there have been commercials,
sponsored by Kidde, manufacturer of smoke and CO detectors
trying to use scare tactics to get you to buy new CO
detectors.

"CO detectors are now required by law in most homes! Get
yours now!"

Where are the CO detector police? Nobody's come to my house
with a badge demanding to see my CO detector.

You probably can't sell the house without proper CO
detection equipment in place, but I don't plan on selling
any time soon... Who's making me put in CO detectors?

Your insurance company is one of them. They can refuse to pay
if you violate their terms. Tther things come to mind too but
insurance would top the list.

HTH,

Twayne`