Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where are the CO Detector Police? ADDED new home law

On Mar 27, 1:12*pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message

m...

wrote the following:
All over the radio lately, there have been commercials, sponsored by
Kidde, manufacturer of smoke and CO detectors trying to use scare
tactics to get you to buy new CO detectors.

"CO detectors are now required by law in most homes! Get yours now!"

Where are the CO detector police? Nobody's come to my house with a
badge demanding to see my CO detector.

You probably can't sell the house without proper CO detection
equipment in place, but I don't plan on selling any time soon... Who's
making me put in CO detectors?

Sprinklers
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/03/26/the-sprinkler-controversy-wh...main|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walletpop.com %2Fblog%2F2010%2F03%2F26%2Fthe-sprinkler-controversy...
or:http://tinyurl.com/yb7uc6o

Yup.... *and when they shove THAT up our collective asses, guess how long it
will take before they mandate sprinklers be put in *pre-existing homes*???
With the yearly inspections, fines, fees, you name it. *goodgawd.....

It's a-comin, sheeple, it's a-comin..... * yearly inspections for EVERY
goddamm thing in yer house, including DIY repairs, innocuous modifications,
etc. *With a photographic record of every goddamm visit......

Beyond Orwell.....

Not to mention mishaps with the sprinklers themselves.
Can you say, Water Damage, boyzngerlz???

Heh, and what to you wanna bet flood insurance won't cover it?
On top of it all, you'll have to buy a separate Sprinkler Malfunction
Insurance.....

Bend over, sheeple, bend over.....
--
EA

I think it is you who is doing the bending over. You're the one that
apparently thinks big government and what's going on in Washington is
just peachy keen ala healthcare. You don't like Reagan, who stood
for the opposite. So, try making sure to take your medication and
try to stay focused.