Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[SMF][_2_] [SMF][_2_] is offline

Default Halfler TA-1600

This looks like a good thread to jump into:

I have a friend that has a Hafler TA-1600. The bass is non-
existent and every thing else is a bit flat/muted. Each
channel has a separate board powered by a common, multi-tap,
dual voltage transformer that outputs ~32 and ~64 VAC with
120 VAC as the primary.

The transformer has two input leads and 12 output leads. One
group of three per board per voltage.

Each board has two power inputs, comprising the above voltages,
that contain three leads each that are Red - Black - Red. Red
to red gives the 32/64 volt for each input, while any red to
black combination gives half of the red to red voltage in that
winding group.

There is not any visible damage to any component.
Each board sounds identical to the other when isolated.
This amp is currently disassembled so that I may work
on each board individually, yet I'm not sure whether
attempting to save the system is actually worth the bother.

With reading all of the electrolytic problems that seem to
be permeating the electronic field, I am seeking information
to a possible fix, and hope that maybe someone here might
actually have some experience with the Hafler TA's and
could point to some resources/give some hints or how to's
with this unit.

Thanks,

Steve

PS: the voltages listed above are measured voltages. The
transformer does not have any specs listed on it.