Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

Let the Record show that Don Foreman
on or about Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:10:22 -0500 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:45:37 -0500, Ignoramus11443
wrote:

That's a very enduring design, yes. I actually own a Beretta and love
it. How does that .45 handle, is the recoil a little too much?

Most people don't seem to find the recoil of a 1911 to be an issue.
There is recoil, but it's "mellow" rather than "sharp" like a .40S&W
or 10mm and there's 40 oz of mass there to help soak it up. You
would notice more recoil than with your Beretta but I don't think it'd
bother you.

That's what my brother whined about, as one of the signs of
advancing old age: the 45 was heavy, and he was considering going to a
9mm... or spend more time working out.

pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich