Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default What do you call it/where do you get it?

"Hal Murray" wrote in message

Looks like all I need to do is make some kind of stand-off so I can
get the camera vertical and the field of view free of the tripod legs.

Mine doesn't have that lower leg support like yours, though, it's just
three legs with a pole down the middle and leg flair is 'stopped' by
the central hinge.

Some tripots let you take the central pole out and stick it
back in upside down. Then you place the legs straddling the
target and ...

If you can't do that, it might work to make one leg (much)
longer so the tripod is tipped on its side holding the camera
out away from the two close in legs. You would probably
have to place a weight on the long leg to keep it from tipping
over.

A strip cut from a sheet of roofing lead could be wrapped around one of the
legs as a weight, or better still lead flashing for roofing can be bought
with self adhesive coating on the back and should be available in smaller
quantities.