Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default What do you call it/where do you get it?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:03:50 -0700, Peter Bennett
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:26:19 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:05:48 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Trying to take close-ups of chips, is there some kind of stand/tripod
to hold a camera pointing downward onto a desk surface?

What do you call it/where do you get it?

...Jim Thompson

Duh! I should get out what I have...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Co..._UseTriPod.jpg

before I worry :-)

Looks like all I need to do is make some kind of stand-off so I can
get the camera vertical and the field of view free of the tripod legs.

...Jim Thompson

Could you put the object-to-be photographed on a board supported at an
angle - then you wouldn't have to point the camera straight down - and
you could select the angle to keep the tripod legs out of the picture.

That would work for those pieces that didn't want to slide.

What I'm looking into is a cheap head that will attach to the bottom
of the pole slide.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |