Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Old PC router

"WW" wrote in message
. ..

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Most PC routers are electronic, and don't have a motor.
Maybe a tiny bit of cleaning of the ethernet cables, but
shouldn't need heavy grease.

Since when did PC routers have bearings?

Seeing as it's 15 years old, it's probably got a rather slow
baud rate.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Chris.... That is a Porter Cable router for wood working. Wake up. WW

I originally thought that was some mormon humor... well, hoping it was
humor.....
If it wadn't..... holy ****....
--
EA

"ransley" wrote in message
I have a old PC router that hasnt been used since 85, im
sure the
bearings are dry, should I attempt to grease or lube them in
any way
before using it, im worried the top bearing would throw out
grease and
ruin the motor, or should I run it till they squeak and
burn.