Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Old PC router

"ransley" wrote in message
I have a old PC router that hasnt been used since 85, im sure the
bearings are dry, should I attempt to grease or lube them in any way
before using it, im worried the top bearing would throw out grease and
ruin the motor, or should I run it till they squeak and burn.

If you have a variac, mebbe run it slowly to begin with, as whatever lube is
in the bearings may not be uniform, at this point.

Or, mebbe wire it in series with a toaster or other power tool, to get some
voltage drop. Easy to do if you have some spare receptacles on a shelf
someplace. 49c at HD.

PC is generally good stuff, worth fixing if necessary.
--
EA