Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Replace Furnace and Get Tax Credit

On Mar 27, 6:49*am, "Frank McElrath" wrote:
I see that the Feds will give us up to $1,500 if we replace our old furnaces
with a high-efficiency furnace.

I've lived in my house for 20 years, and when I bought, the furnace was a
"few" years old. *So I am guessing that it is at least 25 years old, and
probably about 65% or 75% efficiency.

Should I take advantage of this opportunity and upgrade?

I am thinking that one of these days, even though the furnace works fine, it
will crap out - probably in January.

I live in Maryland.

25 years is about many exchangers life span, Go for a 96% Stainless
Steel exchanger unit. You can save on electric consumption winter and
summer with a VSDC motor. With all the electronics and a VSDC motor
the 10-15yr or more warranty is a smart idea. For 1500 back its a no
brainer.