Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Mar 27, 11:15 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
And at the other end of the scale, just to show his versatility, he
designed
the falling-block Winchester Hi-Wall single-shot.
Ed Huntress

Then he went on the year of Mormon proselytizing. He and a companion
walked into a backwoods Georgia gun store, sweaty, smelly and dusty
from the road, saw a production one for the first time, got all
excited and exclaimed something like "Hey, that's my design. I made
that gun!".

The owner threw them both out.

After that year he didn't have much more to do with the Church.

jsw

Interesting story.

--
Ed Huntress