Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus11443 Ignoramus11443 is offline

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

On 2010-03-27, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:45:37 -0500, Ignoramus11443
wrote:

That's a very enduring design, yes. I actually own a Beretta and love
it. How does that .45 handle, is the recoil a little too much?

Most people don't seem to find the recoil of a 1911 to be an issue.
There is recoil, but it's "mellow" rather than "sharp" like a .40S&W
or 10mm and there's 40 oz of mass there to help soak it up.

Good description. "Mellow" is the right word.

You
would notice more recoil than with your Beretta but I don't think it'd
bother you.

OK, that's good to know. I am not really into handguns that much,
though I can shoot decently. I like rifles much better, tinkering with
scopes and such. My next project is making a bayonet attachment for my
Finnish Mosin Nagant.