Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default is electric heating likely to become cheaper than gas heating in future?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:12:42 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:25:59 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

It could be heated by turning the radiator on 20 minutes before you used
it.

Bit of a problem if I'm out at the shops.

You are spending 8 hours a day in there so you should have a good idea of
when you need the heating to turn on. And use the fan heater if you go in
early and and need the quick heat.

But as I've said before, my timeswitch only provides 3 on/offs per
day, so I cannot "dose" the CH for one particular room very precisely.
With a fan heater, I can.

And on a very cold day when you are going to spend 8 hours in that room why
not use the CH for the remaining seven and a half hours after the electric
fan has taken the chill off the room?

Don't need any heating once the PCs get going. They keep the room nice
and warm, once the fan heater has done its job.

MM