Posted to uk.d-i-y
p.mc[_2_] p.mc[_2_] is offline

Default Slppy green algae on block paving, removal

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:46:09 -0000
"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:
p.mc
wibbled on Thursday 25 March 2010 14:20

Hi all

I was about to jet my patio but the pressure washer broke. Is there
another way of ridding this stuff without jetting; and preferably
the less labour intensive methods please?

Diluted bleach and a broom?

Yup, works a treat. Bottle of cheap Tesco bleach in a bucket of water &
stiff broom. Patio will smell like a toilet for a day, watch the run off
onto grass/plants though.

and you may be glad. Pressure washing stone often leaves it more
susceptible to algae in future as it leaves a rough surface that they
like.

R.

You're right. I had pressure washed the block paving at the side of the
house in the summer, and the first overwinter the algae appeared.

--

Regards
p.mc